Tuesday 7 October 2014

A/W Trend- Lipsticks


Autumn is officially here in London and its time to pull out those darker shades. I have chosen intensely pigmented; easy to apply Lipsticks both high end and drugstore ready for the Fall trends. These colours work well on the lightest skin tone to the darkest.
starting from the left to the right...

1. Smoked purple by Mac this is a pro colour and is gorgeous. It is described as a Deep eggplant purple on the Mac site, this shade is stunning and it is indeed a matte, it really reminds me of some of the makeup they had in the 90's hip hop era. I love it!
2. Mehr is another Mac lipstick, this shade is my go to fall nude I always keep this shade in my bag, It is a must have. This colour is described on the Mac website as a Dirty blue pink. I think it looks stunning on lighter skin tones but also works on darker tones.
3.Mac- Rihanna Talk that Talk lipstick by Mac, this is hands down my favourite lipstick from Mac I really wish it was a permanent shade, this colour is one I wear the most when I want a deep dark lip that still looks very wearable for everyday and it is a matte finish also.
4. Merlot from Nyx cosmetics- gorgeous deep raspberry red, I really like this shade it looks gorgeous with a very simple look with just let the lips do the talking with this one. I will probably be wearing this one a lot this Autumn.
5. Kate moss for Rimmel in 107. This is a really nice plum cranberry colour. I love that it can be applied lightly or worn full on, it is also a matte but is not drying on the lips and is rather creamy feeling more like a satin finish.
6. Mac Rebel is a berry purple described as a midtonal cream plum. This is a satin finish lipstick but it also has a really nice sheen to it which makes the colour look a little more interesting. Be careful with this shade as it stains the lips pretty bad so make sure to use a lipliner so it does not bleed too bad.  lipliners I would recommend are Mac Nightmoth or currant.
7. Bloody mary from Nyx Cosmetics is a beautiful shade of red it has a slight pink undertone and is very bright, it is stunning this looks really good on its own but a similar red or a deep plum liner can be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment